MY FIRST CATS FANFIC by Jellicle_girl
(... if anyone called jellicle_girl is reading this, I apologize! ... ~Jesta)
right, on with the show!

~

SCENE ONE


[It was a beatiful sunny day in the junkyard, everyone was enjoying themselves in the sun which was shining brightly on the sun baked earth. A car purred into the entrance of the junkyard.]

TANTOMILE to AUTHOR:-

AUTHOR: What? TANTOMILE to AUTHOR???

TANTOMILE to AUTHOR: Yes. I know you're there. I object to the sacreligious use of the word "purr" in conjunction with a car. And have you READ that first sentence??

CORICOPAT to AUTHOR: I agree. ESPECIALLY considering what that car is going to do.

AUTHOR: Especially considering what tha- How do you know what the car is going to do? And hang on a sec, don't you two talk in unison the whole time?

TANTOMILE & CORICOPAT (in unison): Of course not!

[TANTOMILE and CORICOPAT glare at each other]

TANTOMILE: Well not always.

AUTHOR: ANYWAY, how do you know what the car is going to do?

TANTOMILE: It's supposed to run me over!!! You'd think I should know

about something important like that!

CORICOPAT : We read your notes. We know the whole story.

AUTHOR: But I don't have any notes!

CORICOPAT: That's a bit stupid! We read your mind then.

AUTHOR: But I haven't planned this fic properly!

CORICOPAT: Also stupid.

AUTHOR: But- how can you know the whole story if I haven't written it?????

TANTOMILE and CORICOPAT: The subconscious holds many secrets hidden from the waking mind.

AUTHOR: The subconcsious.... right... *shakes herself* Well, now how about you two shut up and let me get on with the fic?

TANTOMILE: And get me run over? No way!

AUTHOR: You wouldn't DIE or anything like that. You'd just be in serious pain-

TANTOMILE: *makes annoyed incredulous noises*

AUTHOR: -and everyone would be upset and CORICOPAT would cry-

CORICOPAT: I would NOT!

AUTHOR: -and pray for a miraculous recovery, and it would so SWEET! TANTOMILE & CORICOPAT: Um, really....

AUTHOR: OK, OK, scratch the getting run over bit, I'll come up with something else.

[VICTORIA materializes]

VICTORIA to CORICOPAT & TANTOMILE: Hey! Who's that you're talking to?

TANTOMILE: Some stupid human who's trying to get me run over!

VICTORIA: Wha?

CORICOPAT: The AUTHOR, dear.

AUTHOR: NO NO NO!! I'm not here, go and get on with your lives!

VICTORIA: Oh right, (narrows eyes) So it's YOU!!! (cheerfully) Hi!

AUTHOR: Go AWAY! Go and find Mistoffelees and cheer him up cos he's discovered his past is shrouded in shadow and deceit.

All cats: WHAT?

AUTHOR: Well, it usually is....

VICTORIA: Unh-unh. Wait a sec. If this is another me and Misto thing- Come on! You guys expect me to desert my true love for my brother???

AUTHOR: Your WHAT???

VICTORIA: Misto's my brother you idiot!

[TANTOMILE & CORICOPAT snigger]

TANTOMILE: It took you fic authors long enough to realise!

VICTORIA: Yeah, you've got no idea how embarrassing some of things we've had to do have been!

AUTHOR: OK, OK, we'll scratch the Misto/Vici thing too....

TANTOMILE: So what ARE you going to do?

CORICOPAT: And what on earth has Macavity got to do with Tantomile getting squished or Vici and Misto-

AUTHOR: Macavity??

TANTOMILE: Yup. Here he comes now.

AUTHOR: Oh yeah, this bit. OK, back into fic mode. Wait a sec! We need Demeter.

[DEMETER appears]

TANTOMILE & CORICOPAT (singing): "I believe it is you-ng Dem-ee-ee-ter."

TANTOMILE: WHAT was that???

AUTHOR (whispering): Shuddup!

DEMETER (sounding bored): "Macavity." You know, I really think some of the passion's gone out of that phrase....

MACAVITY (reading off a script): "Ha. Ha. Ha."

AUTHOR: Hey, where'd you get that?

MACAVITY: I printed it off the internet. You got a problem? It's much more organized this way.

DEMETER "Screams."

AUTHOR (exasperated): DEMETER!!! You're supposed to actually SCREAM!!

DEMETER Sorry, sorry... "aaaah".

[AUTHOR sighs]

MACAVITY (getting into character slightly): "Ha ha ha! Come with me, Demeter!"

DEMETER "Never!"

[MACAVITY advances towards Demeter and unsheathes claws in a menacing fashion]

TANTOMILE: Menacing Fashion? What are we going for here? 80's dress??

VICTORIA (to CORICOPAT and TANTOMILE): So...someone please explain: why aren't we trying to stop Macavity?

CORICOPAT: Dunno.... that would be the sensible thing, but we might actually beat him and then the Author wouldn't get to do the whole Demeter and Mac thing, so...

AUTHOR: Argh! You three are still here? Go away! Vanish!

[CORICOPAT, TANTOMILE & VICTORIA vanish]

CORICOPAT (while vanishing): You realise that this is now totally unrealistic? Why on earth would the Queen of Paranoia Demeter by wandering ALONE near the outside of the junkyard?

AUTHOR: Didn't I tell you to vanish? Shoo!

CORICOPAT (invisible): I HAVE vanished.

AUTHOR: Well shut up then!

MACAVITY: Ahem! ME! My big scene!

AUTHOR: Oh yeah right. Continue.

MACAVITY: "If you won't come with me then I'll have to take you by force!!!!"

CORICOPAT (still invisible): Isn't it amazing where logical thinking can get you?

AUTHOR: SHUT UP!!!

DEMETER "Never!" Uh... didn't I just say that?

[MACAVITY advances further.]

DEMETER Hey! Too close, back off!

AUTHOR: At least ACT scared!

[DEMETER stumbles nervously backwards, unable to breathe properly]

AUTHOR: Hey, that's pretty good!

DEMETER It's not fear- it's the smell! Not ONE of you fic authors have been kind enough to give Macavity a wash!

[AUTHOR sighs heavily]


AUTHOR: OK. Go on.

[MACAVITY picks up DEMETER]

[DEMETER slaps him]


DEMETER Hey! Mind where you put those paws! Couldn't you just give me a piggy back or something?

MACAVITY: OK.

[MACAVITY bends down so DEMETER can climb onto his back]

[AUTHOR bangs head on computer screen]

DEMETER OK, that's much better... I mean: "Aah! Let me go you monster!"

MACAVITY: "Never!"

DEMETER Isn't "never" becoming a teensy bit overused? "HELP ME!! SOMEBODY SAVE ME!!!"

[BOMBALURINA comes running towards them.]


BOMBALURINA: "Demeter? Is that you?"

[BOMBALURINA sees MACAVITY and stops dead.]

[BOMBALURINA dies.]

AUTHOR: NOOOO!! Not literally!!!

BOMBALURINA: Too late.

AUTHOR: I thought you were dead?

BOMBALURINA: Yeah, I am.

AUTHOR: Right... OK, we'll just cut to the next scene....    

 

SCENE TWO


[The sky was dark and overcast with dark clouds which darkly clouded the gloomy alleyway which was Macavity's home.]

CORICOPAT: Talk about subjective weather!! And- argh! Just give up writing these scene setters, will you??

AUTHOR: SHHHUUUUTTT UUUUPPPP!!!!!

DEMETER to

MACAVITY: Well if you really want to know, I think Victoria really has it for the Great Rumpus Cat and Jemima is seriousl- Oh- right, we're back.

MACAVITY: "Hee hee hee." Um excuse me?? ... that's Rumpelteazer. The Napoleon of Crime does NOT go hee hee hee!

AUTHOR: I thought it added variation?!

DEMETER "Aaaah! Someone please help me!!"

MACAVITY: "There's no one who can hear you, my sweet."

CORICOPAT: Oh really? Hi everyone, its me!!! I'm still here! Oh! this is so much fun, I'm totally screwing the plot up-

AUTHOR: SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTT UUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

[MACAVITY carries DEMETER (piggyback still) down the alley.]


MACAVITY: You're getting heavy! Doesn't anyone have any consideration for the Hidden Paw's poor back?

DEMETER I could just walk.

AUTHOR: NO! NO NO NO! You could NOT just walk!! It looks stupid enough as it is!!

DEMETER & MACAVITY: Fine....

[They descend steps into dark gloomy Lair]


CORICOPAT: What, darker and gloomier than the dark cloud darkly clouded dark alley?

AUTHOR & CORICOPAT: SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT UUUUUPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CORICOPAT: JINX!!! Ha! Got you! Now you can't talk until someone says your name and we can get on with our lives!

DEMETER Phew.

MACAVITY: Whoo hoo! No more AUTHOR!!

CORICOPAT: NNNNOOOOO!!!! You idiot!

AUTHOR: I'm back! Thanks, Macavity.

[DEMETER cuffs MACAVITY hard around the head and he falls down]

AUTHOR: Hey! Stop that. He's supposed to be abusing you, not the other way round!

MACAVITY: Yeah! Owch....

[Rubs head. Picks DEMETER up again and stumbles down steps into his lair.]

[Inside Macavity's lair. It was-]

CORICOPAT: Don't you dare describe it!!!!!

DEMETER "Please... let me go. I'll do anything...." Wait a second... that makes no sense AT ALL!!

MACAVITY: Oh you will, will you, darling?

READER: Hey! That wasn't in quotation marks!! Ha! You made a mistake!! Ha!

AUTHOR: No, actually I don't think that was on the script

MACAVITY: Nope. (proudly) I made it up.

DEMETER Eugh! You-

MACAVITY: Well look what IS on the script!

[DEMETER reads script]


DEMETER Eugh! That's really disgusting! I'm not doing that!!

MACAVITY: I think the idea was that you didn't have much choice, but that is disgusting so I won't do it either.

AUTHOR: It's not THAT bad! You've done much worse in your time!

MACAVITY: Well.... it was OK the first few times....

DEMETER (shrieking): MacAVITY!

AUTHOR: OK... we'll pass that up for now.... Hey! DEMETER!!!!

[DEMETER is attacking MACAVITY]

[MUNKUSTRAP appears]

AUTHOR: Hey! Where did you come from?

[MUNKUSTRAP looks around]


MUNKUSTRAP: I dunno. Didn't think this out very carefully, did you? Oh right. "I must save Demeter!"


[Looks skeptically at scene on floor.] Actually, it looks like Macavity needs more help right now...

AUTHOR (growling): Munkustrap.... just fight him...

MUNKUSTRAP: FIGHT him???

AUTHOR: Pretend to...?

[MUNKUSTRAP jumps on MACAVITY. It is very confused as to who is fighting who....]

MUNKUSTRAP: OWWWWW!!!

[DEMETER moves knee] 


DEMETER Oh sorry, was that you, Munkustrap?

MUNKUSTRAP: Yes!

MACAVITY: And so it would have been OK if it was me??

DEMETER & AUTHOR: Yes! You're the bad guy.

MACAVITY: But... what if I don't wanna be the bad guy anymore? You know I'm really... *sniffs* not all I'm hyped up to be....*chokes* It wasn't my fault.... I don't know where it went wrong....*swallows* All I really want....

[CORICOPAT pulls red velvet curtain over scene which also magically blocks off the sound.]


CORICOPAT: Why don't we call it a day, before we get into "Macavity's True Story: The True Story of Macavity's True and Tragic Life"????

AUTHOR: Hmmm...now there's an idea for a title.... But WAIT!!! We can't end the story here!!!

All CATS: WHY NOT???

AUTHOR: Cos we need to have a big romantic kiss!!!

CORICOPAT: Cats can't kiss, by the way.

AUTHOR: Yes they can. This is my fic and I say they can. Now kiss him!!!

CORICOPAT: Who, me?

AUTHOR: No! Munkustrap!

CORICOPAT: MUNKUSTRAP KISS MACAVITY?????

AUTHOR: NO NO NO NO!!! Demeter and Munkustrap kiss!

[DEMETER & MUNKUSTRAP look at each other. Not an at all romantically inclined glance]

DEMETER Um... well.... No.

AUTHOR: No? Don't tell me YOU'RE brother and sister too?

DEMETER What?

AUTHOR: Never mind. But we have to have a big romantic kiss!!!

CORICOPAT: Alright then.

[VICTORIA and THE GREAT RUMPUS CAT appear. They kiss passionately.]

CORICOPAT: Happy now?

[AUTHOR collapses]  

  THE END!!!