...
by Aly and Sezan

Well, to save the world, Sezan and Aly have teamed up to do a rather quickly-thrown-together Cats Fic. Savour, enjoy, rinse and repeat!

~

It was a cool summer evening and Gus, the theatre cat strolled nonchelantly out from the back of the Queen's theatre. The show had concluded, and as usual, elderly Gus had sat in one of the now disused boxes to observe the performance.

"A passable show" he thought to himself as he nosed his way through some hessian sacks lying in an alleyway...

"Not so fast", came a voice from...well, he wasn't entirely sure. As he turned his head towards the tin garbage-cans, he thought that the voice must have come from the pile of sacks. When he looked towards the sacks, however, there was a great doubt that the voice had not originated from that direction. Nevertheless, the voice - whoevers it was - rang a faint bell in Gus' mind...

"Who could it be?" He thought to himself as a faint shiver ran down his spine, a cruel voice, with a faintly eastern quality. He turned slowly around and stared into a pair of malevolent slitted eyes shining out of the shadows like diamonds in a mine.

"Long time no see" Said the voice. "Or have you forgotten me already Asparagus, or should I say Growltiger?"

"Why, that's a name I hadn't heard in...a...long..." His voice trailed off as his mind tried to grasp the absurdity of the situation. As far as his senses went - which, being a dramatist, he did greatly rely on - lurking in the shadows was, unmistakably, Genghis, the leader of the Siamese who had antagonized Gus' role as Growltiger in that ancient production...

"You know not of the hardships I - and my comrades - faced to hunt you down, after that fateful day when our swords met. As far as we could see, you had disappeared. Sensing from the faint leads we had, we tracked you around the known, and unknown worlds, crossing swords with a conjurer and his assistant demon (which - regretabbly - lead to one of my comrades being turned into a monkey), being washed up on the shores of Ithaca, conversing with two wretched men who had waited in the same place for Heaviside-knows-how-long..."

Then Gus had a heart attack and expired.

~

 

Well, that's it. Rather abrustly ended like the poor cat himself. Don't worry, He'll Be Back...*ominous giggle*

SEZAN and Aly.

~