A Jellicle Christmas Carol Concert!
By Jellicle_girl....

Disclaimer: I don't own CATS. The mangled lyrics of Jingle Bells originally belonged to someone else too....

~

AUTHOR: Welcome one and all! No, this isn't a CATS parody of A Christmas Carol. This is just a little show the Jellicles decided to put on for us-

RUMPELTEAZER: Oi! Decided? Er, you mean forced, shou'ed a' an' threatened with wha' 'appened to Cori an' Tant las' toime!!!

MUNKUSTRAP: Has anyone seen Cori and Tant lately?

AUTHOR (starts singing loudly) JOY TO THE WORLD!! LA LA LAAA LAAA!!

DEMETER (unblocks ears tentatively): OUCH! Are you quite finished?

AUTHOR: What? Oh yeah, singing.

DEMETER: You call that singing????

AUTHOR (looking very hurt) Well yes actually I do! Anyway, let us never speak of Coricopat and Tantomile again.

MUNKUSTRAP: Last I heard, they were headed for the RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)-

AUTHOR: JOY TO THE WORLD!!!

MUNKUSTRAP: -after being tied up and gagged for the whole of your last fan fic.

AUTHOR: LA LA LAAA LAAAAAA!

DEMETER: You really should learn the words, you know.

AUTHOR: No I shouldn't. I'M not the one doing the carol concert anyway. You are. Right! Now everyone line up in nice little lines!

[All Jellicles suddenly appear lined up neatly.]

TUGGER: Hey! What's going on?

DEMETER: We're being forced to do a fic for Jellicle_girl again. No- worse. A carol concert.

AUTHOR: Oh come on! What about Christmas spirit?

RUMPELTEAZER: Nope! Don' see any around 'ere.

AUTHOR: You lot are hopeless! Maybe we SHOULD do A Christmas Carol just to teach you a lesson.

[There is an uproar]

ALL CATS: NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: OK, OK... Well let get on with the concert then.

[JENNYANYDOTS raises a hand]

AUTHOR: ....yes?

JENNY: I really don't think much of the decoration, to be honest, Ms Jellicle_girl.

[Everyone looks around at the junkyard which is liberally and tastelessly covered in tinsel]

AUTHOR: I was pushed for time, OK???

[JENNY purses lips]

JENNY: But really... if you'd just told me... I could have done wonders with a couple tree branches and pine cones and a bit of spray paint... You've really just not made an effort.

AUTHOR: OK, OK... You can decorate all you like AFTERWARDS, OK? We're keeping the audience waiting!

RUMPELTEAZER: Wha' audience? You don' seriously think anyone's gonna read this do ya?

AUTHOR: I'm sure they will. Won't you? Please keep reading!!

DEMETER: OK... that was pretty pathetic. I didn't think even you resorted to blatant begging.

AUTHOR: Well, not normally. Anyway. Let's start. Jingle Bells!

[Everyone starts singing Jingle Bells in varying keys without any enthusiasm at all, apart from Jenny, singing about one and a half octaves above anyone else. And two other cats who are singing very lustily indeed...]

ELECTRA and TUMBLEBRUTUS: JINGLE BELLS, TUGGER SMELLS, HE SHOULD GO AWAY! HIS EGO'S BIG AS A FATTENED PIG AND WE THINK HE MIGHT BE G-

AUTHOR: Hey!!!! Stop that right now!

TUGGER: (incredulously) Electra?? I thought you loved me!

ELECTRA (shrugs): Meh. Apparently not.

AUTHOR: And "fattened pig"?? Where did that come from?

TUMBLEBRUTUS: Well, Jemima helped us with the lyrics a bit. There's more, d'you wanna hear?

TUGGER: JEMIMA???

JEMIMA: Sorry, Rum Tum...

TUGGER: I'm gonna cry... Victoria? You still love me don't you?

TUMBLEBRUTUS: Oh no, she only has eyes for the Rumpus Cat now.

VICTORIA: (punches TUMBLEBRUTUS) Shut up, you!

TUGGER: Etcetera????

ETC: Yeah, guess so. I dunno though, seeing how uncool you've suddenly got...

TUMBLEBRUTUS: Speaking of the Great Rumpus Cat-

AUTHOR: We were?

TUMBLEBRUTUS: -yeah. Where is he anyway?

AUTHOR: WHO CARES???

VICTORIA: I care!

TUMBLEBRUTUS: Oooh!

VICTORIA: Shut up!

MUNKUSTRAP: Actually, you know, the GRC's not the only cat who's missing...

AUTHOR: (buries head in hands) Oh no....

[enter MACAVITY]

MACAVITY: Oh come on, it just wouldn't be a fan fic without....

DEMETER: MACAVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Now why couldn't you been that dramatic in the first fanfic??

DEMETER: Dunno, didn't feel like it, I guess.

AUTHOR (sighs heavily): Er, hi there, Macavity... Would you like to be part of our carol concert?

MACAVITY: What?

AUTHOR: We're having a lovely little carol concert. Um, you could sing a solo if you want...

MACAVITY: I-I could? A solo? M-me? Well, I must admit, I've always wanted to... A kind of kittenhood dream, y'know? Ahem...

[MACAVITY walks out to centre stage...]

RUMPELTEAZER: We 'ave a staige? Oi didn't notice.

[The rest of the stage is plunged into darkness as he takes the spotlight...)

RUMPELTEAZER: We 'ave a SPOTLIGHT????

MACAVITY (in a very strange deep bass voice) Haaaaaave yourseeeeeelf AAAAaaaaa merrry little Chriiiiistmaaaaaas......

AUTHOR: He's not bad...!

(10 minutes later)

MACAVITY: May your days be merrYYYYYYY and BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT....

RUMPELTEAZER: (yawning) Is 'e done yet?

[RUMPELTEAZER stretches and accidentally scratches TUMBLEBRUTUS with her claws]

TUMBLEBRUTUS: Ey! Vicki, cut it out!

VICTORIA (from across the other side of the stage) Me?? What did I do?

TUMBLEBRUTUS: What did you do? Only nearly claw my eyes out!

VICTORIA: How could I? I'm way over here!

TUMBLEBRUTUS (who can't see in the dark very well!) Over where?

[VICTORIA jumps across the stage and knocks RUMPELTEAZER into TUMBLEBRUTUS]

TUMBLEBRUTUS and RUMPELTEAZER: OW!!

TUMBLEBRUTUS: Right! That's it! You asked for it, Victoria! [attacks]

AUTHOR: Stopitstopitstopit!!! [jumps accross stage and tries to separate two fighting cats]

[Enter CORICOPAT, TANTOMILE and 3 RSPCA inspectors]

CORICOPAT: This is the one I told you about! See look, she's attacking two innocent- well comparatively innocent - kittens right now!!

[TANTOMILE nods emphatically]

INSPECTOR 1: What do you think you're doing, Madam?

AUTHOR: Ow! Don't kill me! Macavity singing... Teazer scratched Tumble and he thought it was Victoria and she- he couldn't see and it was so dark! So dark!

INSPECTOR 2: You know, I'm not sure this is our department...

INSPECTOR 3: Yeah, they certainly didn't cover insanity in the job description.

INSPECTOR 1: Come along Madam.

AUTHOR: But no! The concert.... joy to the world... NOOOO! The end? But- no! The tradition! I'm supposed to collapse at the end of every fic!! Nooooooo.....

[INSPECTORS exchange worried glances.]

ELECTRA and TUMBLE start singing again: JINGLE BELLS, TUGGER SMELLS, HE SHOULD GO AWAY....

AUTHOR: No... Electra.... such a nice kitten really... don't listen to him! And Jemima! How could you?... noooo.....

INSPECTOR 2: Have you had a little too much egg nog do you think?

INSPECTOR 3: Or catnip, perhaps? (laughs uproariously at his own joke)

AUTHOR: NOOOOOOO.... Christmas spirit and a lot of pretty tinsel... yey....

[TANTOMILE taps CORICOPAT on the shoulder and he draws magic red curtain mercifully across scene.]

MACAVITY: And althoooooough it's been said, many times, many waaaaaaays.... MEEEEEERRRRYY CHRRIIIIIIIISTMAAAAASSS TOOOOOOOOOOOO EYOOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!

~

The REAL author's notes: OK, so I had to write a Christmas ficlet! Um yeah, HAPPY CHRISTMAS!